APRIL 2015: 35 YEARS OF BEING TOM FRANCO


An annual tradition, April, the birth month of the Executive Director of the Firehouse Art Collaborative marks the emerging of new art by Tom Franco.


In Tom's words:


"This year I have focused my art work on a inspiration of community in full swing, vibrant, joyous celebration. I really get a kick out of seeing other groups collaborating in an artistic process, where there is no doubt they have reached their goal! Music has been a big source of enjoying and witnessing artists groups, live a lifestyle of dynamic joy making. I have focused a lot on the sounds of: The Hot 8 Brass Band blasting the waves of New Orleans dynamo style horns with soul, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan and his ecstatic qawwali singing boys flying high together, and Beck's trippy cosmic wackyness with just the right ingredients of hip and silly lyrics. My art work is a reflection of living within the Firehouse Art Collective experience, working with all sorts of artists everyday, solving puzzles big and small to perfect the building blocks of creative making. When I am spending time in my studio, I try to document that joy that flashes before me as I play and envision objects, people and animals that I love." Tom Franco 2015

Please join us for Opening Night of Tom Franco's Birthday Art Show and Rasa Caffe One Year Anniversary!
3140 Martin Lither King Jr. Way Berkeley April 18th 7-9pm
Firehouse Art Collective Indie Micro Mall

Come see new works in sculpture and paintings.
Enjoy stellar coffees and teas at Rasa Caffe.
Check out our six new shops in the mall!
Live music, artist talk, and good company :) 
Tom will be present 7 pm to 9 pm for open dialogue, friends will be playing live music, a promise of laughs and leisure, celebrating art, friendship and our current culture of collaboration.

Here are some photos of art pieces in the process of evolution, and the final works will be on exhibit at Firehouse Art Collective Indie Micro Mall April 17 through April 30, 2015